If you really get down to it a printer is quite a complicated piece of equipment. Apart from the many technical components within the printer, different types of software are needed to run the printer as well. In case you are struggling with a printer error that you do not understand you can always contact the HP printer support number to clarify the issue. Because even a slight glitch in any of the components and you could get stuck with a blurred print or perhaps only a half print.
If you notice that your printer is only printing half the page then there could be a problem with the printer spooler. The spooler basically acts as the manager of the printer. It allows users to delete and otherwise manage print jobs. An error in the printer spooler makes it difficult for your computer to complete a printing task. This article will help guide you on how to fix the printer spooler to solve the half page issue.
Steps to Resolve HP Printer Printing Only Half Page Issue
Before attempting to fix the spooler you should check and see if all the necessary printer cables are securely in place. Once all the external wires are connected properly you can go ahead and fix the spooler. Fixing the print spooler is relatively easy if you follow the steps given below.
- Open the ‘Start’ menu and go to “Run”
- Go to the ‘Services’ window and type “services.msc”
- Search for the “Print Spooler” entry
- Right-click the spooler and press “Stop”.
- Leave the window open and go to the start menu again
- Look for the “My Computer” icon and open Windows Explorer
- Go to the print spool folder which is most probably in the C drive. Just follow the given path: C\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS
- Delete all the files in this folder and empty the jammed print queue.
- Go back to the previous window and restart the Print spool service.
Once you restart the service open a random document and give the command to print. Use this test document to check if the half page printer issues are fixed or not. If you see that the page is still not printing properly then there could be a problem with the hardware itself. If that is the case then the best thing to do is to call the HP Printer Helpline Number to get expert technical solutions. The helpline number is active 24 hours a day so that you can solve any HP printer related issues as soon as possible.