HP printers are among the top rated printers in the world today. Millions of homes and offices use HP printers because of their state of the art features. A printer will only work if it is properly connected to a computer system. There are many hardware as well as software requirements that need to be kept in mind when connecting your printer to the computer for the first time. If you are not sure of how to go about installing the printer then it is best to call the HP Printer customer support phone number and speak to a trained expert, because the installation process may vary depending on the printer model.
If the printer is not installed properly then you will always encounter installation error that can disrupt printing tasks. But even if you have experienced installation issues with HP printers there is no need to worry. This article will guide you on how to implement some simple troubleshooting steps to fix the installation errors and complete setting up your HP printer.
Solution 1: Restart Your System
A simple restart is a quick way to fix any minor system errors that may have caused the HP Printer installation error. You can follow the steps given below to restart your system in the correct sequence:
- Switch off your network router by pressing the power button and carefully unplugging all the cords
- Next, you can turn off the HP Printer and take out all the Ethernet cables that are connected to your device
- Save the data from any program that may be running, close all the apps on your computer and shut off the system.
- Carefully reconnect all the required cables and restart your computer, printer and router.
Solution 2: Uninstall the Printer Software
The printer software helps to keep your printer in operating condition. If the software itself is damaged then you will not be able to install your printer. Here are the steps to uninstall your printer software:
- Disconnect the USB cable from your HP printer and continue
- Go to ‘Program and Features’ and search for your printer
- Click ‘Yes’ on the User Account Control message and proceed
- Follow the instructions displayed to uninstall the printer software
- Restart your computer once the printer software is removed
Solution 3: Fix System File
It is possible that the installation issues on your HP Printer could be because of a problem with the system files. Use the steps given below to scan and fix the damaged files:
- Exit all apps and programs
- Open the command prompt as admin
- Enter ‘sfc/scannow’ in the given field
- Wait for the tool to scan and repair the files
- Restart your computer after the repair
- Connect to the internet and reinstall the HP Printer software
If these three solutions do not resolve the installation then you may need more advanced troubleshooting steps to solve the problem. You can call the HP Printer customer care phone number and ask to speak to a certified expert about the issue you are facing.