HP is among the most popular printer brand in the market today. Setting up your new printer is normally very straightforward as you just need to connect the necessary cables and install the printer software. However, sometimes HP users do encounter errors while connecting the printer and the computer for the first time. These errors normally appear along with the message ‘Device setup failed to complete’ or is indicated by a small red colour ‘X’ in the lower right corner of your screen. Printer errors like these can be quite frustrating as it can affect your work. That is why the HP Printers Customer Care Service Number is active 24 hours a day to help you resolve these issues. Apart from calling customer support, there are some simple troubleshooting steps you can follow to try and resolve the problem on your own as well. This article includes some easy troubleshooting steps to fix the device setup message on your HP printer.
Causes for Device Setup Failed Message in HP Printers
Here are some of the causes why the HP printer device setup may have failed:
- Malware or viruses may have infected your device
- Certain plugins can interfere with the HP printer software
- The USB connection between the HP printer and the computer is damaged
- If you try and connect the cable before it is required an error is displayed
- When the OS driver is not available for your HP printer the setup fails.
Solutions to Fix Device Setup Failed Message in HP Printers
There are different methods you can use to try and troubleshoot the issues with your HP printer.
Solution 1: Reconnect the USB cable to your HP Printer
- Disconnect the USB cable from behind the printer and from the computer
- Wait for about 10 to 15 seconds
- Reconnect the cable to the computer and the printer
- Press the USB cable firmly to make sure the connection is secure
- You can also try a different cable if the error persists
Solution 2: Uninstall HP driver and software applications
- Remove the USB cable from the printer
- Go to the Windows menu and open the Control Panel.
- Select the Programs and Features and search for your HP printer name
- Click on the ‘Uninstall’ option and select ‘Yes’ to confirm
- Simply follow the steps on the screen to remove the software
- When it is uninstalled go ahead and restart the computer
- When you are back online, reinstall the HP printer software from scratch
Solution 3: Delete unnecessary files and clear disk space
- Before reinstalling the printer software delete any unnecessary files
- Go to the Windows menu and search for ‘Disk Cleanup’
- Select the ‘C’ Drive and click ‘Free up disk space by deleting unnecessary files’
- The tool will scan your system and show you a list of files you can delete
- Delete the relevant files and restart your computer
These are just some basic troubleshooting steps you can use whenever you see the ‘Device setup failed to complete’ message on your computer. If these solutions do not work then you can try calling the HP Printers Customer Care Number and ask to speak to a technician. Experts are available 24 hours a day to help you resolve any HP printer related information you may experience.