HP is a well-known brand in the market and it has been declared official for purchasing computers, laptops, printers and other devices. It is one brand that you can trust blindly with the products. HP printers have a made a name for themselves in the market and can be regarded as one of the most trusted products in the market. Almost every person on this planet requires the usage of printers now or then. Even though now you can access and open everything on your smartphone with the help of emails or downloaded files, but still sometimes when you go for admissions or interviews, you are required to carry documents in the files. The printers, even though are one of the most reliable devices and may face with no technical snags for a maximum amount of time, but some common issues can knock the printers anytime. One of the issues that the printers may face is carriage problems. This blog may help the readers to understand the solution of this problem. If the user needs to understand the deep technicalities behind this error, then they can always get in touch with the HP printer technical support number and talk to the experts and get their guidance on this matter.
The carriage error can cause paper jams and may stop the printer from printing correctly. When you are giving a print command, and you see that the print is not coming out properly and the printer is making an unusual noise, it indicates the carriage error. The carriage is responsible for printing the pages by sliding backward and forward when the print command is given. If the printer is facing with the carriage issue, then you must follow these steps.
Solution to rectify the error:
- Disconnect the printer from the power supply and the USB cable from the computer to which it is connected.
- Slide or open the cover of the printer and see the carriage assembly.
- Remove all the papers form the roller, and clear the bits and pieces that might have been stuck inside.
- Pull out the paper tray outside by moving the levers on the two different sides of the printer.
- Move the carriage gently to the middle of the printer.
- Elevate the actuator arm once and then move it back to its actual position.
- Put the paper tray back in, connect the printer with the power supply and computer and switch it back again.
- Print a test document to see whether the issue has been resolved or not.
If the problem still persists, then it is recommended that you should get in touch with the technical executives, as it may be a massive technical snag, which the experts may be able to identify properly. Dial the toll-free number at the HP printer customer support number and get expert assistance in this field of concern.