The toner cartridges and the drum unit are two common components in almost all Brother Printers. The cartridge contains the powder needed to print while the drum unit is needed to transfer the toner onto the paper while printing. The drum unit slowly deteriorates with use and needs to be replaced once you go through 3 or 4 toner cartridges. The printer will detect the quality of the drum unit automatically and alert you when it needs to be replaced by sending out a ‘Replace Drum’ messages on your computer. The drum unit replacement instructions are different for different printer models. You should contact Brother Printer Support Number or check the user guide for more information about the specifics of your printer model. This article will give brief instructions on how the replace the drum unit in a Brother MFC-L27700DW. This is a very common printer model which uses TN660 cartridges along with a DR630 drum unit. If you find that your printer has similar specifications then you just need to follow the steps given below to resolve the ‘Replace Drum’ message.
Steps to Resolve the ‘Replace Drum’ Message on Brother Printer
In order to fix this issue, you will need to replace the old drum with a new one, you can follow the steps give below:
- Switch on your Brother printer and open the front cover.
- Carefully take out the drum unit and the toner cartridge from the printer
- You will see a green lock lever on the device. Push down on it and remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Remover your new drum unit from the packaging
- Attach the printer toner cartridge into the new drum unit and gently press down until you hear a soft click that will indicate that it is locked into place.
- Slowly slide the green tab inside the drum unit following a left to right and right to left motion. Do this a couple of times in order to clean the corona wire in the drum unit.
- Open the printer cover and carefully reinsert the toner cartridge and drum unit back into the device.
Now that you have replaced your old drum unit with a new one you can go ahead and reset the drum counter. You just need to open the front cover of the printer and the press and hold the ‘OK’ button for about 2 seconds. Now you just need to press the up arrow key are the 1 button to reset the drum counter on your Brother printer.
You must keep in mind that the steps mentioned above may vary depending on the specific model of Brother Printer you are using. If you have any difficulty completing these steps you can call the Brother Printer Tech support number on the website. A team of trained technicians is available 24 hours a day to help you resolve any error you may encounter related to the drum unit, toner cartridge or any component of your Brother Printer.